The Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) Individual Membership is available to everyone (subject to parental/legal guardian consent for minors).
AEF Family Memberships are available to parents and their minor children (17 years and under as of January 1st) all of whom reside at the same address – three or more family members required (must include at least one parent or legal guardian living at the same address). Each family member is issued a separate membership number and card. Children over the age of 18 require an Individual Membership.
To View or Print your current AEF Membership card or update your contact information, login and go to “ME” on the top menu bar.
The many benefits of an AEF Membership
Membership with the Alberta Equestrian Federation automatically includes insurance coverage provided to you by CapriCMW Insurance Services:
- $5,000,000 Personal Liability Insurance for your personal use, ownership or handling of horses. Coverage excludes commercial use of horse or commercial horse activities.
- $30,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Liability insurance for the non-commercial care, custody, control or transport of up to 3 non-owned horses (limits apply).
All enquiries related to the insurance program must be directed to CapriCMW Insurance at 1-800-670-1877 (Equine Department).
2018 Insurance Information
- 2018 CapriCMW Insurance – Summary of Insurance
- 2018 CapriCMW Insurance Information about the insurance included with your membership
- 2018 CapriCMW Insurance Liability insurance information
- 2018 CapriCMW Insurance Included basic AD&D insurance information
- CapriCMW Insurance – What to do in the event of a claim
ADD ON Optional Insurance to your membership. For more information on optional insurance available to add to your membership please click here.
- Individual funding
- Win your entry
- Pump up your levels
- Canter away current
- Educational scholarships
- Bill desBarres industry scholarship
- Charlene Baker western rider bursary
- Sonja Burton English rider bursary
- Trail Supporter Fund
- Members receive Alberta Bits, the AEF’s official magazine, quarterly.
- Horse Portal
- Learn to Ride/Drive
- Live Outside the Box
- National Instructor/Coach Program
- Ride and Drive
- Ticket to Ride
- Wild Rose Program
- Receive $5.00 off your membership fees for referring a new member to the AEF. Learn more – Member referral program
- Members can shop and save with AEF business members offering a discount to current AEF members!
How Much Does it Cost?
- 2018 Individual Membership – $50
- 2018 Family Membership – $110
- NEW! Summer Camp AEF Membership – $15 – Available to youth aged 5-17 attending Summer Horse Camp – download application form here
How do I Join?
The downloadable application form is best used with Adobe. Save it to your computer before completing. The form can be submitted by email, fax or mail to the AEF office.