Live Outside the Box
Everything is More Fun When it’s Real!
Dust off those boots, get outside and have some fun with a horse. You could win some great prizes for doing just that. We want you to spend less time in front of the TV and computer and spend more time outside and being active. Less screen time and more horse time equals great prizes, it’s that easy!
This creative program has stirred up a lot of interest and enthusiasm over the years. Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) members from all over Alberta aged 7-15 are leaving the TV and computer behind and getting out and spending more time with their horse. Not surprisingly we receive a lot of support from parents too! Young members keep track of how they are spending their time this year from April 1st until September 30th of each year and win great prizes. You don’t even have to own a horse to participate
How to Participate:
- Select the Live Outside the Box option on your membership form/or the online membership walk-through process or submit the Live Outside The Box registration form below. Once received, you will be sent a confirmation email and mailed a custom Live Outside the Box Zipper Pull and calendar log book.
- Program registration is available with your 2019 membership renewal or 2019 membership purchase.
- Track and submit your daily hours/servings in the calendar log book provided to you for each month (April – September). After the end of each month log into your AEF profile online and select the “Me” tab. From this menu select “Live Outside the Box” and enter your monthly hours following the prompts. If you are experiencing troubles or do not have online access we will also accept the following submission methods:
- Log in to your AEF profile here
- Mail: Alberta Equestrian Federation 100, 251 Midpark Blvd Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
- fax: 403-252-5260
The AEF is pleased to be able to offer 6 draws for a Hansbo Ceramic IC Halter with
The categories for prizes are as follows:
- Highest Number of Horse Time Hours
- Highest Number of Healthy Food Servings (apples, bananas, carrots, celery aka fruits and vegetables. Each piece of fruit and vegetable counts as 1 serving)
- Highest Number of Outdoor Activity Hours (record what activities you are doing ie. soccer, basketball, baseball etc)
First Place Prize Winners receive
- Vivitar Pro
SportCamera – Captures and Shares Extreme Videos (comes with helmet mount)
Second Place Prize Winners receive
- Digital Camera
Third Place Winners receive
- Fitness Tracker
Monthly Winners Receive
- Hansbo IC Halter with
leadrope and LOTB tag – (halter in polypropylene with ceramic neoprene lining, which prevents chaffing on the bridge of the nose and neck, and increases blood circulation during use. Steel buckle and adjustableneck strap with extra holes for the best fit.)
All participants receive
- Certificate of achievement
NOTE: Each member is eligible to be a grand prize recipient twice (excluding monthly draws) between the ages of 7 & 15. Grand prizes are awarded to 3rd place in each of the three categories. All members
in the program will receive a certificate for participation, for each year enrolled in the program.
(Prizes may change without notice)
Live Outside the Box Past Winners
Contact us today
The AEF is always looking for donations to our LOTB program so each year we can provide awesome incentives to youth equestrians participating. If you would like to donate towards this program please contact [email protected]
Welcome to 2018 Live Outside the Box Program. Please fill out the form below to register to participate.
To better serve our website visitors and members we have ongoingly updated listings of our member Businesses, Clubs, Instructors, Coaches, Officials, Stables and Facilities. We can help you find what you're looking for.
Join Our Community
Become part of the Alberta Equestrian Federation Community by applying for membership today. It's easy to do and as a member, you receive numerous benefits, discounts and offers exclusive to the AEF Membership Community.
Get In Touch
Questions? Concerns? Ideas? We'd love to hear from you.
Suite 100, 251 Midpark Blvd SE Calgary, Alberta T2X 1S3
Phone: 403-253-4411 Toll Free: 1-877-463-6233 Fax: 403-252-5260
The AEF gratefully acknowledges the financial support of