Everything is More Fun When it’s Real!
Dust off those boots, get outside and have some fun with a horse. You could win some great prizes for doing just that. We want you to spend less time in front of the TV and computer and spend more time outside and being active. Less screen time and more horse time equals great prizes, it’s that easy!
This creative program has stirred up a lot of interest and enthusiasm over the years. Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) members from all over Alberta aged 7-15 are leaving the TV and computer behind and getting out and spending more time with their horse. Not surprisingly we receive a lot of support from parents too! Young members keep track of how they are spending their time this year from April 1st until September 30th of each year and win great prizes. You don’t even have to own a horse to participate!
How to Participate:
- Fill in the 2017 LOTB Registration Form and submit it to the AEF
- Once received, you will be sent a confirmation email and mailed a custom Live Outside the Box Zipper Pull and calendar log book
- Track and submit your hours in the calendar provided for each month (April – September)
- Mail: Alberta Equestrian Federation 100, 251 Midpark Blvd Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
- fax: 403-253-4411
The AEF is pleased to be able to offer 6 draws for a choice pair of muck boots, for those who continually submit their hours towards the program. Draws will be held mid-month each month for the month prior! Participants will be automatically entered into these draws as long as they submit their hours and a photo of themselves with their equine friends, before the mentioned deadline.
The categories for prizes are as follows:
- Highest Number of Horse Time Hours
- NEW: Highest Number of Healthy Food Servings (apples, bananas, carrots, celery aka fruits and vegetables. Each piece of fruit and vegetable counts as 1 serving)
- Highest Number of Outdoor Activity Hours (record what activities you are doing ie. soccer, basketball, baseball etc)
First Place Prize Winners receive
- Vivitar Pro Sport Camera – Captures and Shares Extreme Videos (comes with helmet mount)
Second Place Prize Winners receive
- Digital Camera
Third Place Winners receive
- Apple iPod Shuffle
Monthly Winners Receive
- Choice pair of Muck Boots
All participants receive
- Certificate of achievement
NOTE: Each member is eligible to be a grand prize recipient twice (exluding muck boot draws) between the ages of 7 & 15. Grand prizes are awarded to 3rd place in each of the three categories. All members in the program will receive a certificate for participation, for each year enrolled in the program.
(Prizes may change without notice)
Live Outside the Box Past Winners
Thanks to our program sponsor
Muck Boots Canada – McNiven Ranch Supply Ltd.
Contact us at [email protected]