Canadian resident individual and/or family Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) members are eligible to purchase the following optional insurance benefits. These coverages can be added to your AEF membership either online or by submitting the Membership Application form. All insurance programs are provided by CapriCMW Insurance.
Optional insurance policies are non-refundable and expire December 31st of each year. Available to Canadian Residents only.
Available Optional Insurance Add Ons
- Enhanced Accidental Death & Dismemberment – includes limited Fracture and Dental Benefits – $35.00 Individual / $100.00 Family
- Provides an ADDITIONAL $50,000 Principal Sum AD&D and includes limited fracture and accidental dental benefits (Fracture up to $7500 with helmet / $2500 no helmet; Accidental Dental – up to $5000). Members must be under the age of 75 to qualify for this coverage.
- View CapriCMW Insurance – Information about the 2018 Optional AD&D
- Members Named Perils – $22.00
- Coverage for your own horses(s) in case of death resulting from one of the perils named in the policy, some of which are fire, lightning, collision/overturn of a conveyance in which a horse is being transported, attack by a dog or wild animal, windstorm, drowning, collapse of a building, and more. This insures up to a maximum of $10,000 and can be applied regardless of the number of horses owned. Losses are restricted to one claim per year.
- New for 2018: Starting January 1, 2018, the Members Named Perils policy will include compensation for government ordered destruction of horse.
- View CapriCMW Insurance – Information about the 2018 Optional Members Named Perils Insurance Coverage
- NEW!! for 2018 – Equine Emergency Life Saving Surgery (available January 1, 2018) – $50.00
- This new policy covers Equine Emergency Life Saving Surgery necessitated by accident or sickness, including colic surgery and fracture surgery, to a maximum limit of $2,500 for expenses incurred ($250 deductible). PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a life insurance policy; NO DEATH BENEFIT is payable under this policy. This policy is restricted to one claim per year and must be purchased by the member who is the owner of the horse(s). To purchase this optional insurance, the member must also purchase 2018 Members Named Perils.
- View CapriCMW Insurance – Information about 2018 Emergency Life Saving Surgery Insurance Coverage
- Travel Insurance (out of Province/Country)
- 2018 Travel Insurance – $135.00: NEW!! $2,000,000 in coverage for members under the age of 75 starting January 1, 2018!
- $2,000,000 out of Province/Country coverage for Medical/Hospitalization. Trips up to 90 days in duration, any number of trips/year, worldwide and, DOES NOT EXCLUDE participation in and/or preparing for most equine activity/competition. Many policies in the market do exclude such activity. NOTE: ALL covered individuals must have current AEF membership and be under age 75 (coverage terminates at 12:01 a.m. on date of 75th birthday). Policy contains pre-existing medical conditions clause.
- 2018 travel insurance must be purchased PRIOR to date of departure from province/territory of residence and date of departure from your province/territory of residence must be on or after January 1, 2018. If you are travelling from 2018 into 2019, please contact the AEF office or Capri Insurance Equine Department for terms and conditions.
- View CapriCMW Insurance – 2018 Frequently Asked Questions about Out of Province/Country Travel Medical
- Members Tack – $50.00
- Broad coverage insurance for your tack up to $10,000 per member year subject to a $500 deductible for each claim. Need to increase coverage? This can be done. Contact CapriCMW Insurance for more information at 1-800-670-1877 (Equine Department). (Tack Insurance excludes horse drawn vehicles, carts, sleighs, carriages, articles of clothing or protective equipment worn by riders).
- Weekly Accident Indemnity – $165.00
- Provides income replacement in the event the member is unable to work due to an accident which includes, but is not limited to, injuries arising from an equine related accident. Coverage provides up to a maximum of $500 per week for a maximum of 26 weeks (some restrictions apply). To qualify, you must be a resident of Canada, be an AEF member, be employed full time (minimum 25 hours with a single employer), be under the age of 70, and filed an income tax return with Revenue Canada in the most recent tax year. Separate application/waiver form must be completed, signed and returned with payment to obtain this benefit.
- If you are interested in purchasing this policy in 2018, please contact the AEF office.
Contact CapriCMW Insurance Services at 1-800-670-1877 (equine department), the official insurance provider for the AEF.
Resources: CapriCMW Insurance – 2018 Summary of Insurance and FAQ’s
The insurance coverage included and/or available as an option with your Alberta Equestrian Federation Membership is provided to you by CapriCMW Insurance Services Ltd., the licensed insurance broker and Administrator for the member insurance program. Any and all enquiries related to the insurance program MUST BE directed to CapriCMW Insurance Services Ltd. at 1-800-670-1877 (Equine Department).