A Reward Program for Recreational Riders & Drivers
The Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) Ride & Drive program is a rewards program designed to give recreational riders, drivers and vaulters an extra incentive to spend more hours in the saddle or behind the breeching; whether it be for practice, exercise, therapy or just plain fun.
It is open to all AEF members having fun with their horses! Even those who just take lessons or lease a horse are eligible to participate.
There is no age restriction – it’s for the young and the young-at-heart! All that is required is your yearly AEF membership with the Ride & Drive Add-on. Then start counting the hours of fun and relaxation riding/driving your horses. The hours accumulate and continue to build up even if you have to re-register (this means you never lose your hours).The ultimate goal of 2,000 hours is worth striving for!
Rewards are progressive, starting with the 25 hour level and ending at the 2000 hour level. Hours spent riding or driving must be logged on a daily basis on a Ride & Drive log sheet and submitted if requested.
How does it work?
- Log your hours in your logbook (supplied upon enrolling)
- Submit your hours when you reach a milestone (25, 50, 100, etc.), submissions can made via the following methods:
- Online Submission Form (below)
- Mail slips to: Alberta Equestrian Federation 100, 251 Midpark Blvd SE, Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
- Fax slips to: 403-252-5260
- Receive awards based on your progression
Hour slips must be submitted within 12 months of being earned to be eligible for a reward (eg – you completed 100 hours on January 30, 2016 – you must submit your 100 hour slip before January 30, 2017 in order to be eligible to receive that reward). Time out of the saddle is not included (i.e. grooming).
Who can participate in this program?
Anyone that wishes, it’s for all ages and all disciplines!
How do I join?
There are three ways to join, either you may:
- Sign up while purchasing/renewing your AEF membership online or;
- If you’re already a current AEF member, you may add on the Ride & Drive program via the “AEF Member Login” or;
- Contact Sophie at the AEF office, email@example.com or 403-253-4411 (ext 2).
Is there a fee to participate?
Yes, there is a fee of $20 per year to participate in the rewards program. You must also be a current AEF member, these prices vary depending on membership level.
|25 HOUR||Patch & Pin|
|100 HOUR||Body Brush|
|200 HOUR||Horses Live Here Sign|
|300 HOUR||Water Bottle|
|500 HOUR||AEF Horse T-shirt|
|750 HOUR||Grooming Tote|
|1300 HOUR||Cell Phone Power Bank|
|1600 HOUR||Horse Cooler|
|2000 HOUR||AEF Jacket|
Submit Your Hours
- The program is non-transferable
- Ride & Drive memberships expire annually on December 31st
- AEF membership and enrollment in the Ride & Drive reward program must be current, to receive awards throughout the year
- Corresponding prizes are awarded, only for those slips submitted (ie. if you logged 100 hours, please submit slips for 25, 50, and 100 hour levels to receive prizes for each level)
- Riders/Drivers participating in the program are responsible for tracking their own hours. Submission of slips is only required once a Ride and Drive milestone is reached.
- Hours spent riding/driving in a commercial situation – ie conducting business activities, are not eligible to be counted for reward hours
- Conditions and reward levels may be subject to change without notice