Equestrian Canada’s (EC) instructor/coaching program was developed in partnership with the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) and Sport Canada. EC is one of 67+ sports participating in the NCCP, which represents coaching excellence in Canada. The EC instructor/coaching program is the only Canadian equestrian instructor/coach certifying program also recognized internationally (FEI, IGEQ), and by Coaches of Canada and the Canadian Olympic Committee.
What are the goals and objectives of the EC instructor/coaching programs?
- To offer an acceptable standard of developing instructing/coaching expertise
- To provide a structure whereby instructors/coaches can enter and progress as they improve their instructor/coaching expertise
- To ensure the integration of the National Coaching Certification Program into an overall strategy of instructor/coaching education
- To improve the level of performance and competence of Canadian equestrian instructors/coaches and their students
Alberta Equestrian Federation is pleased to congratulate the following individuals on their recent accomplishment of becoming a certified Instructor/Coach:
- Vanessa Bastura – EC/NCCP Certified English Instructor
- Justine Morley – EC/NCCP Certified English Instructor with Jump
- Alexandra Nigg – EC/NCCP Certified English Instructor
- Angela Lalonde – EC/NCCP Certified English Competition Coach
- Judy Williscroft – EC/NCCP Certified Western Instructor
- Heather Dunn – EC/NCCP Certified English Instructor with Jump
What Certification Means
Achieving and maintaining certification as an EC instructor/coach testifies to the instructor/coaches professionalism and competence as a teacher in equestrianism. To obtain a certificate initially, candidates are evaluated at the highest national standard, and must provide evidence of riding ability, a cleared police check, first aid/cpr certification, adherence to the EC code of ethics & conduct, as well as complete professional development as set forth by the CAC.
An instructor/coach who maintains their certification is a professional who is actively involved in the equestrian community.
Certification is available in the following disciplines: English, Western, Drive, Saddle Seat
Want to become a certified Instructor/Coach? Please visit How to Become Certified.