Equestrian Canada’s (EC) instructor/coach program was developed in partnership with the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) and Sport Canada. EC is one of over 67 sports participating in the NCCP, which represents coaching excellence in Canada. The EC instructor/coach program is the only Canadian equestrian instructor/coach certifying program also recognized internationally (FEI, IGEQ), and by Coaches of Canada and the Canadian Olympic Committee.
What are the goals and objectives of the EC instructor/coaching programs?
- To offer an acceptable standard of developing instructing/coaching expertise
- To provide a structure whereby instructors/coaches can enter and progress as they improve their expertise
- To ensure the integration of the National Coaching Certification Program into an overall strategy of instructor/coaching education
- To improve the level of performance and competence of Canadian equestrian instructors/coaches and their students
We are extremely proud to present the long list of newly certified instructors!
EC/NCCP English Instructor
- Brianna McCoy
- Grace Arnburg
- Madison Outhwaite – Ontario
- Kyla Bosomworth
- Jillian Duda – Ontario
EC/NCCP English Instructor with Jump
- Declan Bast
- Jessica Caldwell/Welsh
- Meghan Atherton
EC/NCCP Western Instructor
- Monica Friesen
- Miranda Hassan
- Paige DeBruin – Saskatchewan
- Lorenn Krebs
- Shelby Allison – BC
What Certification Means
Achieving and maintaining certification as an EC instructor/coach testifies to the instructor/coaches professionalism and competence as a teacher in equestrianism. To obtain a certificate initially, candidates are evaluated at the highest national standard and must provide evidence of riding ability, a cleared police check, first aid/CPR certification, adherence to the EC code of ethics & conduct, as well as complete professional development as set forth by the CAC.
An instructor/coach who maintains their certification is a professional who is actively involved in the equestrian community.
Certification is available in the following disciplines: English, Western, Drive, Saddle Seat
Want to become a certified Instructor/Coach? Please visit How to Become Certified.