COVID-19 Updates for the Equestrian Community
The situation involving COVID-19 requires everyone’s effort in being vigilant and proactive. We are working hard to provide the Equine Community with updates and information as we receive it. Please continue to come back to this resource page for updates.
- December 18th, 2020 – Exemption Request for Equine Exercise from Dr. Deena Hinshaw, CMOHA for Alberta
- December 16th, 2020 – AEF COVID-19 Equine Community Update
- December 12th, 2020 – AEF COVID-19 Equine Community Update
- October 16th, 2020 – Government of Alberta Guidance for Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation – Information
- September 4th, 2020 – Q & A’s re: COVID and Sport & Recreation GOA Webinar
- July 29th, 2020 – COVID-19 Return to Business Operations – Recommendations – UPDATED
- July 20th, 2020 – CapriCMW Insurance Services COVID-19 Precautions for Equestrians – UPDATE
- July 2nd, 2020 – Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) Wild Rose Return to Competition Recommended Guidelines
- July 1st, 2020 – Equestrian Canada (EC) Resource Package for Competition Operations During COVID-19
- July 1st, 2020 – Equestrian Canada (EC) Policy for Enhanced Competition Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 Government Resources & Information
The Alberta Equine Community is strongly advised to follow recommendations from the Government of Alberta & Canada involving COVID-19.
The following links provide the most accurate and current information and resources:
Provincial Information & Resources:
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Info for Albertans
- Alberta Biz Connect – Information for Alberta Businesses – Businesses that have questions can also email [email protected]
- Information Posters and Fact Sheets
- Alberta Health Services
National Information & Resources:
COVID-19 and Equestrian Facilities
The Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) does not have the authority to regulate facility operations in Alberta – we have the responsibility to educate our community. We know the importance of maintaining the welfare of Alberta’s horses and are committed to speaking up for our four-legged friends. We thank our membership for their patience while we work to navigate and demand transparency for our industry.
Equestrian Canada (EC) would like to provide an update regarding its ongoing advocacy on behalf of equine farms and equestrian facilities facing financial hardship during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, as well as offer resources for support during this unprecedented disruption of normal business operations. You may find the full update here: Support and Resources for Equine Farms and Equestrian Facilities.
CapriCMW Insurance Services COVID-19 FAQ’s & Updates
The ALERT Line is an anonymous, producer helping producer call line. If you have questions or concerns about animal welfare, visit: AFAC ALERT Line.
Biosecurity Resources for Equestrian Community in Alberta
Continued use of biosecurity best practices will help ensure the health and safety of humans and equines alike.
Please visit AEF’s Biosecurity webpage for related resources and links including Biosecurity Best Practices.
To better serve our website visitors and members, we are continually updating our Business, Club, Instructor, Coach, Officials and Stable/Facility Listings. We can help you find what you’re looking for.
Get In Touch
Questions? Concerns? Ideas? We'd love to hear from you.
#120, 251 Midpark Blvd SE
Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday:
8:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays:
Stay up to date with the latest news from AEF.