COVID-19 Updates for the Equestrian Community
This resource page provides COVID-19 updates and information relevant to the Equestrian Community
Ongoing and Current Updates from the Government of Alberta (GOA):
Resources for Equestrians:
- GOA General Guidance for COVID-19
- GOA Guidance for Activities with Children 11 and Under
- GOA Stage 3 Guidance for Camps
- COVID-19 information : guidance for sport, fitness and recreation
- May E-News: GOA’s “Open for Summer” Re-launch Plan
Return to Business and Competition Guidelines:
- June 1st, 2021 – Government of Alberta – Guidance for Equestrian Events Updated Version
- July 29th, 2020 – COVID-19 Recommended Return to Business Operations
- July 20th, 2020 – CapriCMW Insurance Services COVID-19 Precautions for Equestrians – UPDATE
- July 2nd, 2020 – Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) Wild Rose Return to Competition Recommended Guidelines
- July 1st, 2020 – Equestrian Canada (EC) Resource Package for Competition Operations During COVID-19
- July 1st, 2020 – Equestrian Canada (EC) Policy for Enhanced Competition Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic
COVID-19 Government Resources & Information
The Alberta Equine Community is strongly advised to follow recommendations from the Government of Alberta & Canada involving COVID-19.
The following links provide the most accurate and current information and resources:
Provincial Information & Resources:
- COVID-19 Info for Albertans
- Alberta Biz Connect – Information for Alberta Businesses – Businesses that have questions can also email [email protected]
- Information Posters and Fact Sheets
- Alberta Health Services
National Information & Resources:
COVID-19 and Equestrian Facilities
The Alberta Equestrian Federation (AEF) does not have the authority to regulate facility operations in Alberta – we have the responsibility to educate our community. We know the importance of maintaining the welfare of Alberta’s horses and are committed to speaking up for our four-legged friends. We thank our membership for their patience while we work to navigate and demand transparency for our industry.
March 2020: Equestrian Canada (EC) would like to provide an update regarding its ongoing advocacy on behalf of equine farms and equestrian facilities facing financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as offer resources for support during this unprecedented disruption of normal business operations. You may find the full update here: Support and Resources for Equine Farms and Equestrian Facilities.
CapriCMW Insurance Services COVID-19 FAQ’s & Updates
The ALERT Line is an anonymous, producer helping producer call line. If you have questions or concerns about animal welfare, visit: AFAC ALERT Line.
Biosecurity Resources for Equestrian Community in Alberta
Continued use of biosecurity best practices will help ensure the health and safety of humans and equines. Please visit AEF’s Biosecurity webpage for related resources and links including Biosecurity Best Practices.
To better serve our website visitors and members, we are continually updating our Business, Club, Instructor, Coach, Officials and Stable/Facility Listings. We can help you find what you’re looking for.
Get In Touch
Questions? Concerns? Ideas? We'd love to hear from you.
#120, 251 Midpark Blvd SE
Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday:
8:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays:
Stay up to date with the latest news from AEF.