NCCP Saddle Seat Instructor Evaluations
Date: June 13, 2019
Location: Clover Leaf Stables – Sherwood Park, AB
- Instructor: $420 + GST
Event Description: This event is for those individuals wishing to test for their Instructor certification in the Saddle Seat discipline. IMPORTANT: This is a private event for registrants only. Spectators/auditing is strictly prohibited. AEF or other PTSO membership mandatory for attendance.
Registration: NCCP Saddle Seat Instructor Evaluations – June 2019
IMPORTANT: If you wish to pay by cash, cheque, or etransfer please contact us directly [email protected] or 403-253-4411 ext 3.
Registration Deadline: May 24, 2019.
- It is important to note that lesson plans and emergency action plans are also due on May 24, 2019.
Important Event Details:
- Lesson Plans and Emergency Action Plans must be submitted on single-spaced typed piece of paper in Arial or Calibri fonts in size 12. They may not be submitted as 2 sided sheets of paper. If being submitted electronically, they should be submitted in Microsoft Word, or PDF format ONLY. They should be submitted together as one single document and not in multiple pages/attachments and may not be sent as a JPEG image;
- Written Lesson Plan topics will be assigned in advance by the AEF office prior to written lesson plan submissions. This is new effective Jan 1, 2019. If you plan to attend this evaluation, please email [email protected] to retrieve your designated written lesson plan topic in advance to the written lesson plan submission deadline of July 23, 2019;
- The lesson plan topics a candidate will actually teach on the evaluation day for their lessons will now be assigned by the chief evaluator of an evaluation and will be assigned 5 days prior to the evaluation date via email to each candidate. Candidates will be expected to show up to an evaluation day with new written lesson plans for those topics and have the designated time to teach said lessons on an evaluation day;
- Emergency Action Plans can be done on your home facility;
- Templates are available to create lesson plans and emergency action plans. It is important to note that it is not mandatory for candidates to utilize these templates and they are simply provided as a tool and can be used as a guideline if desired. Candidates are welcome to use the template itself or they may wish to use certain elements of it, and add their own detail. Editable template versions are available and can be retrieved by emailing [email protected];
- LATE submissions of lesson plans or emergency action plans will be subject to a $100 non-negotiable late fee due at time of submission;
- Lesson plans and emergency action plans submitted in improper formatting will be immediately returned to the candidate to revise and resubmit and will also be subject to a $100 non-negotiable late fee due at time of submission;
- All other prerequisites for evaluations (including and not limited to: first aid, background check, rider levels, online module completion, memberships, etc) are due no later than June 12, 2019 for this event;
- Prerequisites: For a complete list of prerequisites, templates for lesson plans/EAP’s, rubrics, and approved topic lists please visit: How to Become Certified
Funding Opportunity: The AEF will strive to provide funding where available to individuals who plan on participating or who participate in provincial educational clinics/events related to equine wellness, athlete development and horse ownership. For more details, and to access the application please visit: AEF Individual Funding Application
Full payment is due upon registration. All fees are non-refundable. Late registrations will NOT be accomodated.