We look forward to your participation in our online Community Engagement Session – The Importance of Saddle Fit – featuring Rose Schwinghamer from CommonWealth Saddles.
Session Details: Comfortable horses last longer, and we all want our partners to have long & happy careers. In this seminar we will examine the basics of saddle fitting and what we can do to ensure our equine partners are comfortable and effective while in the ring. We will also examine key points that you can use to check your own saddles at home, as well as employ while searching for new saddles. Join us to gain a wealth of knowledge around saddle fit for you and your horse – we guarantee you’ll feel comfortable and confident in your saddle decisions going forward! (This session is geared more towards English and English type saddle fitting).
Registration: This session is tentatively full. Please contact [email protected]
- Pre-registration is required. Those who do not pre-register will not have access to the session;
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting;
- IMPORTANT – it is imperative that you arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to the sessions start, as the meeting room will be locked at session time and entry will not be allowed afterward;
- As we do have a maximum number of spots available, out of respect for your peers as well as the clinician please ensure that if you register you actually participate. Those who register and no show may not be able to participate in future sessions;
- Coaching PD points automatically granted for those NCCP Instructors/Coaches participating;
- You do not need to have a Zoom account to participate.
We look forward to having you join us!
About the Clinician: Rose Schwinghamer, owner of CommonWealth Saddles (a nationally run saddle company) and www.BreedChamp.com (a nationally successful equine breeding platform), holds a Master in Veterinary Sciences from the University of Calgary (U of C). Her passion for equine wellness only stemmed from there. After graduating, Rose worked directly for the U of C in the Veterinary Anatomy Department allowing her to further explore and develop this passion. During this time she also became certified as an Equestrian Canada NCCP Instructor.
Upon completing her time with the U of C and achieving her NCCP instructor status, Rose immersed herself into saddle fitting. She has now been involved with saddle fitting for more than a decade, and was most recently recognized for successfully launching Devoucoux Saddles within Canada.
Following this accomplishment, Rose proudly launched CommonWealth Saddles in 2019 to which she established partnerships both with Amerigo Custom Saddles and Meyer Custom Saddles acting as a brand developer and providing fittings and custom orders to clients across Canada. “I really wanted to build a trustful company that exists for the common well-being of both horse and rider, allowing both to benefit from long & happy careers,” states Rose.
When she’s not working hard to ensure both horse and rider are making it into their perfectly fit saddles, she spends her time lessoning on her own two horses, running, gardening and occasionally coaching.