Individual & Family
Below, you will find the many benefits of having a membership, adding options, renewing online or with a pdf application.
Individual Membership is available to everyone (subject to parental/legal guardian consent for minors).
Family Memberships are available to parents and their minor children (17 years and under as of January 1st) all of whom reside at the same address – three or more family members required (must include at least one parent or legal guardian living at the same address). Each family member is issued a separate membership number and card. Children over the age of 18 require an Individual Membership.
Insurance coverage included and/or available as an option with an AEF membership is provided to you by CapriCMW Insurance Services Ltd., the licensed insurance broker and Administrator for the member insurance program. Any and all enquiries related to insurance MUST BE directed to CapriCMW at 1-800-670-1877 (equine department).
- $5,000,000 Personal Liability Insurance for your personal use, ownership or handling of horses. Coverage excludes the commercial use of horse(s) or commercial horse activities.
- $30,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Liability insurance for the non-commercial care, custody, control or transport of up to 3 non-owned horses (limits apply).
Important Information on Insurance
- CapriCMW Insurance Information about the insurance included with your membership
- CapriCMW Insurance Liability insurance information
- CapriCMW Insurance – What to do in the event of a claim
Canadian resident individual and/or family members are eligible to purchase optional insurance(s) with your membership.
- Equine Emergency Life Saving Surgery (includes Members Named Perils)
- Enhanced Accidental Death & Dismemberment (includes limited Fracture and Dental benefits)
- Members Named Perils
- Members Tack ($10,000 one occurrence/$10,000 one membership per policy period)
- Weekly Accident Indemnity (includes Enhanced Accidental Death & Dismemberment)
- Travel – The application process for Travel has changed. Once you purchase your Membership, a link to travel insurance options will be available.
To add optional insurance, purchase with your membership, log in to your account or contact the office.
- Programs & Education
- Funding & Awards
- Clinics & Events
- Support & Resources
- Referral Credits
- Quarterly Issues of Alberta Bits
Coverage provided to you by CapriCMW Insurance Services. All enquiries related to the insurance program must be directed to CapriCMW Insurance at 1-800-670-1877 (Equine Department).
How Much Does it Cost?
2019 Membership (Jan 1, 2019 – Dec 31, 2019)
- 2019 Individual Membership – $50 plus GST
- 2019 Family Membership – $110 plus GST
How do I Join?
It’s renewal season – while we do our very best to enter your memberships as quickly as possible, we do ask that you allow a minimum of 15 business days for memberships to be updated. Should your renewal be urgent, please let us know. The fastest way to renew your membership is online.
The downloadable application form is best used with Adobe. Save it to your computer before completing. The form can be submitted by email, fax or mailed to the office.
To better serve our website visitors and members we have ongoingly updated listings of our member Businesses, Clubs, Instructors, Coaches, Officials, Stables and Facilities. We can help you find what you're looking for.
Join Our Community
Become part of the Alberta Equestrian Federation Community by applying for membership today. It's easy to do and as a member, you receive numerous benefits, discounts and offers exclusive to the AEF Membership Community.
Get In Touch
Questions? Concerns? Ideas? We'd love to hear from you.
Suite 100, 251 Midpark Blvd SE Calgary, Alberta T2X 1S3
Phone: 403-253-4411 Toll Free: 1-877-463-6233 Fax: 403-252-5260
The AEF gratefully acknowledges the financial support of