Individual & Family
Below, you will find the many benefits of having a membership, adding options, renewing online or with a pdf application.
Individual Membership is available to everyone (subject to parental/legal guardian consent for minors).
Family Memberships are available to parents and their minor children (17 years and under as of January 1st) all of whom reside at the same address – three or more family members required (must include at least one parent or legal guardian living at the same address). Each family member is issued a separate membership number and card. Children over the age of 18 require an Individual Membership.
Do you own a stable/facility? It is highly recommended that your individual clients have an AEF Membership so you know they are covered.
Non-Residents: The member liability coverage is only available for non-Canadian residents while participating at an AEF sanctioned event or at an AEF Club Member event if the Club has their liability policy with CapriCMW Insurance Services. Enquiries must be directed to CapriCMW at 1-800-670-1877.
Insurance coverage included and/or available as an option with an AEF membership is provided to you by CapriCMW Insurance Services Ltd., the licensed insurance broker and Administrator for the member insurance program. Any and all enquiries related to insurance MUST BE directed to CapriCMW at 1-800-670-1877 (equine department).
Memberships and Insurance are non-refundable and expire December 31 of the member year.
- $5,000,000 Personal Liability Insurance for your personal use, ownership or handling of horses. Coverage excludes the commercial use of horse(s) or commercial horse activities.
- $30,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Liability insurance for the non-commercial care, custody, control or transport of up to 3 non-owned horses (limits apply).
Important Information on Insurance
- CapriCMW Insurance Information about the insurance included with your membership
- CapriCMW Insurance Liability insurance information
- CapriCMW Insurance – What to do in the event of a claim
Canadian resident individual and/or family members are eligible to purchase optional insurance(s) with your membership.
2020 Options – January 1 to December 31, 2020
- Equine Emergency Life Saving Surgery (includes Members Named Perils)
- Enhanced Accidental Death & Dismemberment (includes limited Fracture and Dental benefits)
- Members Named Perils
- Members Tack (Limit $10,000 any one occurrence/$10,000 any one membership per policy period)
- Weekly Accident Indemnity (includes an AD&D policy)
To add optional insurance, purchase with your membership, log in to your account or contact the office.
- Programs & Education
- Funding & Awards
- Clinics & Events
- Support & Resources
- Referral Credits
- Alberta Bits Member Magazine
Coverage provided to you by CapriCMW Insurance Services. All enquiries related to the insurance program must be directed to CapriCMW Insurance at 1-800-670-1877 (Equine Department).
How Much Does it Cost and How Do I Join?
AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 1 – EXTENDED MEMBERSHIPS with an expiry date of December 31, 2021!
- 2020-2021 Extended Individual – $85 plus GST
- 2020-2021 Extended Family – $175 plus GST
- Download the 2020-2021 Extended Membership Application
- 2020 Individual Membership – $50 plus GST (exp Dec 31, 2020)
- 2020 Family Membership – $110 plus GST (expires Dec 31, 2020)
- Download the 2020 Membership Application
- NOTE: Please download and save a copy of the Membership form before completing.
The downloadable application form is best used with Adobe. Save it to your computer before completing. The form can be submitted by email, fax or mailed to the office.
To better serve our website visitors and members, we are continually updating our Business, Club, Instructor, Coach, Officials and Stable/Facility Listings. We can help you find what you’re looking for.
Get In Touch
Questions? Concerns? Ideas? We'd love to hear from you.
#120, 251 Midpark Blvd SE
Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
Toll Free: 1-877-463-6233
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday:
8:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: