Individual & Family
Individual Membership is available to everyone (subject to parental/legal guardian consent for minors).
Family Memberships are available to parents and their minor children (17 years and under as of January 1st) all of whom reside at the same address – three or more family members required (must include at least one parent or legal guardian living at the same address). Each family member is issued a separate membership number and card. Children over the age of 18 require an Individual Membership.
Below, you will find the many benefits of having a membership.
- $5,000,000 Personal Liability Insurance for your personal use, ownership or handling of horses. Coverage excludes the commercial use of horse(s) or commercial horse activities.
- $30,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Liability insurance for the non-commercial care, custody, control or transport of up to 3 non-owned horses (limits apply).
Important Information on Insurance
- 2018 CapriCMW Insurance – Summary of Insurance
- 2019 CapriCMW Insurance – Summary of Insurance
- CapriCMW Insurance Information about the insurance included with your membership
- CapriCMW Insurance Liability insurance information
- 2018 CapriCMW Insurance Included basic AD&D insurance
- 2019 CapriCMW Insurance Included basic AD&D insurance information
- CapriCMW Insurance – What to do in the event of a claim
Coverage provided to you by CapriCMW Insurance Services. All
Canadian resident individual and/or family members are eligible to purchase optional insurance(s) with your membership such as:
- Enhanced Accidental Death & Dismemberment – includes limited Fracture and Dental Benefits – 2018, 2019
- Members Named Perils
- Equine Emergency Life Saving Surgery (must also purchase Members Named Perils)
- 2018 Travel Insurance (out of Province/Country)
- Members Tack
- Weekly Accident Indemnity – 2019 information
To add optional insurance, purchase with your membership, log in to your account or contact the office. For more information on optional insurances(s), click here.
Insurance coverage included and/or available as an option with an AEF membership is provided to you by CapriCMW Insurance Services Ltd., the licensed insurance broker and Administrator for the member insurance program. Any and all
How Much Does it Cost?
- 2018 – 2019 Extended Individual Membership – $85
- 2018 – 2019 Extended Family Membership – $175
- 2019 Individual Membership – $50 plus GST
- 2019 Family Membership – $110 plus GST
How do I Join?
- Join online
- Download the 2018-2019 Extended Membership Application
- Download the 2019 Membership Application
The downloadable application form is best used with Adobe. Save it to your computer before completing. The form can be submitted by email, fax or mailed to the office.
To better serve our website visitors and members we have ongoingly updated listings of our member Businesses, Clubs, Instructors, Coaches, Officials, Stables and Facilities. We can help you find what you're looking for.
Join Our Community
Become part of the Alberta Equestrian Federation Community by applying for membership today. It's easy to do and as a member, you receive numerous benefits, discounts and offers exclusive to the AEF Membership Community.
Get In Touch
Questions? Concerns? Ideas? We'd love to hear from you.
Suite 100, 251 Midpark Blvd SE Calgary, Alberta T2X 1S3
Phone: 403-253-4411 Toll Free: 1-877-463-6233 Fax: 403-252-5260
The AEF gratefully acknowledges the financial support of