Below, you will find the many benefits of having a membership, adding options, renewing online or with a pdf application.
Do you own a stable/facility? It is highly recommended that your individual clients have an AEF Membership .
Do you have a Name Change? Please complete and submit this form to AEF.
Non-Residents: The member liability insurance is only available for non-Canadian residents while participating at an AEF sanctioned event or at an AEF Club Member event if the Club has their liability policy with CapriCMW Insurance Services. Enquiries must be directed to CapriCMW at 1-800-670-1877.
Quebec Residents: Contact Cheval Quebec for your membership/insurance needs.
Insurance included and/or available as an option with an AEF membership is provided to you through CapriCMW Insurance Services Ltd., the licensed insurance broker and Administrator for the member insurance program. Any and all enquiries related to insurance MUST BE directed to CapriCMW at 1-800-670-1877 (equine department). AEF is not licenced to sell or provide counsel on insurance coverage.
Insurance premiums are considered fully earned on the date of purchase. Memberships and insurance products cannot be cancelled, are non-refundable and expire December 31 of the member year.
- $5,000,000 Personal Liability Insurance for your personal use, ownership or handling of horses. Coverage excludes the commercial use of horse(s) as well as participation in rough stock rodeo events, pari-mutuel racing, unsanctioned racing activity, horse pulling competitions, and providing coaching, lessons or instruction to others for any form of compensation. The policy includes coverage for legal liability arising from the non-commercial transport/incidental care, custody and control of up to 3 non-owned horses (transport, emergency boarding, etc). The liability limit for non-commercial care, custody and control is $10,000/horse – $50,000/accident.
- $40,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance ($30,000 in 2022)
For more information see CapriCMW Insurance informational documents below. Questions must be directed to CapriCMW at 1-800-670-1877 Equine Department
Important Information on Insurance
- CapriCMW Insurance – Information about the insurance included with your membership
- CapriCMW Insurance – Liability insurance information
- CapriCMW Insurance – What to do in the event of a claim
2023 Memberships valid from January 1, 2023 (or date of purchase, whichever is later) expires December 31, 2023
NOW AVAILABLE – 2023 Membership Application Form
The downloadable application form is best used with Adobe. Save it to your computer before completing it.
The form can be submitted to the office by email: [email protected]
or mail: 120-251 Midpark Blvd SE, Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
2023 Included Insurance
2023 Optional Insurance
- Enhanced Accidental Death & Dismemberment ( NOW $75,000 principal sum and includes limited Fracture and Dental benefits)
- Equine Emergency Life Saving Surgery (includes Members Named Perils)
- Members Named Perils
- Members Tack Limit $10,000 any one occurrence/$10,000 any one membership per policy period
- Weekly Accident Indemnity (includes an AD&D policy)
Optional insurance can be purchased with your membership or added at a later date.
2023 Insurance valid from January 1, 2023 (or date of purchase, whichever is later) expires December 31, 2023
(Optional insurance is only available to residents of Canada – excludes Quebec).
To better serve our website visitors and members, we are continually updating our Business, Club, Instructor, Coach, Officials and Stable/Facility Listings. We can help you find what you’re looking for.
Get In Touch
Questions? Concerns? Ideas? We'd love to hear from you.
#120, 251 Midpark Blvd SE
Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays:
Stay up to date with the latest news from AEF.
Complete the online photo release form.