Ride & Drive
A Reward Program for Recreational Riders and Drivers
The AEF Ride and Drive program is a rewards program designed to give recreational riders, drivers and vaulters an extra incentive to spend more hours in the saddle or behind the breeching; whether it be for practice, exercise, therapy or just plain fun.
It is open to all AEF members having fun with their horses! Even those who just take lessons or lease a horse are eligible to participate.
There is no age restriction – it’s for the young and the young-at-heart! All that is required is your yearly AEF membership with the Ride and Drive Add-on. Then start counting the hours of fun and relaxation riding/driving your horses. The hours accumulate and continue to build up even if you have to re-register (this means you never lose your hours). The ultimate goal of 2,000 hours is worth striving for!
Rewards are progressive, starting with the 25 hour level and ending at the 2000 hour level. Hours spent riding or driving must be logged in your Ride and Drive log book and submitted if requested.
How does it work?
- Log your hours in your logbook (supplied upon enrollment)
- Submit your hours when you reach a milestone (25, 50, 100, etc.), submissions can made via the following methods:
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail slips to: Alberta Equestrian Federation 120, 251 Midpark Blvd SE, Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
- Fax slips to: 403-252-5260
- Receive awards based on your progression
Hour slips must be submitted within 12 months of being earned to be eligible for a reward (e.g. you completed 100 hours on January 30, 2021 – you must submit your 100 hour slip before January 30, 2022 to be eligible to receive that reward). Time out of the saddle is not included (e.g. grooming).
Who can participate in this program?
Anyone who wishes, it’s for all ages and all disciplines!
How do I join?
There are three ways to join:
- Sign up while purchasing/renewing your AEF membership online or;
- If you’re already a current AEF member, you may add on the Ride and Drive program via the “AEF Member Login“ or;
- Contact [email protected] or 403-253-4411 (ext 1).
Is there a fee to participate?
There is a fee of $20 per year to participate in the rewards program, and you must be a current AEF member.
|25 HOUR||Wild flower seed card and pin|
|50 HOUR||Bottle opener keychain|
|100 HOUR||Cell phone carrier belt|
|150 HOUR||Cactus cloth|
|200 HOUR||AEF tumbler|
|300 HOUR||AEF water bottle|
|500 HOUR||AEF clothing|
|750 HOUR||Grooming tote|
|1300 HOUR||Plush throw blanket|
|1600 HOUR||Horse cooler|
|2000 HOUR||AEF jacket|
- The program is non-transferable.
- Ride and Drive memberships expire annually on December 31st.
- AEF membership and enrollment in the Ride and Drive reward program must be current to receive awards throughout the year.
- Corresponding prizes are awarded, only for the slips submitted (e.g. if you logged 100 hours, please submit slips for 25, 50, and 100 hour levels to receive prizes for each level).
- Riders/Drivers participating in the program are responsible for tracking their own hours.
- Submission of slips is only required once a Ride and Drive milestone is reached.
- Hours spent riding/driving in a commercial situation, e.g. conducting business activities, are not eligible to be counted for reward hours.
- Conditions, reward levels and prizes may be subject to change without notice.
To better serve our website visitors and members we have ongoingly updated listings of our member Businesses, Clubs, Instructors, Coaches, Officials, Stables and Facilities. We can help you find what you’re looking for.
Get In Touch
Questions? Concerns? Ideas? We'd love to hear from you.
#120, 251 Midpark Blvd SE
Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays:
Stay up to date with the latest news from AEF.
Complete the online photo release form.