Rookie Riders program is a fun and comprehensive program that teaches activities and skills that are fundamental to success in horseback riding. The program was developed by nationally certified coaches and will be delivered across Canada. Rookie Riders includes games, basic gymnastic on mats, movements on a barrel and can even include riding a horse.
These types of skills align with FUNdamental movements and mental skills that are age and stage appropriate for children aged 6 to 12, in accordance with the National Sport for Life Long Term Athlete Development model. Children will be prepared with the basics and then be ready to move into a riding school lesson program. From there, they can move into the First Level of the National English or Western Learn to Ride program where they will continue to learn and grow as a rider.
- Safe and fun introduction to riding skills, horses and horsemanship – Gymnastic and Barrel activities focus on developing the skills used in equestrian sport
- Group and individual activities
- Provides physical, mental, and emotional engagement
- Participants finish with a:
o Strong foundation in the National Learn to Ride Program – Level 1 (English and Western); and a
o Rookie Riders Progress Report and Certificate of Completion
This training will enable NCCP Certified Coaches and Instructors to deliver the Rookie Riders program at their facility.
As a certified coach or instructor, you will be provided with the resources required to run the program, including:
- Stable Management Guide and tests
- Gymnastic Guide and Instructional Posters
- Mounted Lesson Guide
- Lesson Summary Chart for easy reference
- Progress Certificates with stickers to track their path to completion, and a Certificate of Completion
Additional information about this program will be available soon!
To better serve our website visitors and members, we are continually updating our Business, Club, Instructor, Coach, Officials and Stable/Facility Listings. We can help you find what you’re looking for.
Get In Touch
Questions? Concerns? Ideas? We'd love to hear from you.
#120, 251 Midpark Blvd SE
Calgary, AB T2X 1S3
Toll Free: 1-877-463-6233
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday:
8:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday, Sunday & Holidays: